Lassen Volcanic Park has a lot to offer for everyone. The park has wide roads, and most tourist spots are easily accessible. Here’s what I would recommend
- Subway cave Lava tubes – easy 1/3 mile underground hike
- Hydrothermal Areas – Hydrothermal areas from where Sulpher escapes regularly. Some right next to the road and some accessible via a short hike.
- Walk and play on snow-covered areas – all along the park
There are three strenuous hikes. I would only recommend one or two of these
- Lassen Peak – this one is snow-covered almost year-round
- Cinder Cone Nature Trail – This one is less strenuous compared to the other two. It is still hard due to the gravel-covered surfaceCinder Cone seen from the bottom
- Brokeoff Mountain Trail – this can be snow-covered hike depending on the time of the year