- Day 1 – Reach the Outpost Camp (3.8 miles, 10.4K ft)
- Day 2 –
- Started at 8 AM
- Reached consultation lake at noon
- Reached trail crest at 2:20 PM
- Reached summit at 6 PM
- Returned to Outpost Camp by 11:35 PM
- Day 3 – Head back to Whitney portal
- It was all snow covered – knee deep snow in some places.
- 99 switchbacks is not possible under such conditions, so, we climbed up the chute.
- Trail is dangerous beyond trail crest, don’t go alone.
- Start early, preferably by 5 AM (we were late).
- Take hiking boots, hiking poles, gaiters, and crampons – I had microspikes (instead of crampons) and was without gaiters, it sort of worked.
- Practice walking the ascents (~10% or more) on hikes or treadmill.
- Carry a stove and mug to heat and drink warm water.